Sunday, May 24, 2020

On my own and bored out of my mind

09/10/2005, 13:25 PM

So on the 6th, mom left for Germany to find a place and a job. I stayed in Italy for the following reasons:
1. the cats. its too hard to look for a place when you have 4 cats.
2.its cheaper for just one of us to go
3.i'm still waiting for my box 'o' books that i sent from Chicago on July 1st.

So here i am, all alone in Italy and bored out of my freakin' mind. Pretty much all i have been doing these last few days is sleeping, reading, going on the net and renting movies to watch. This is going to be a long month!

Mom was contacted by someone at the UN ( yes, the United Nations), saying that they are interested in here. The job is in Austria and if she got it, she would start in October. The person in charge of hiring does the interview on the phone so she doesn't even need to go to Austria for the interview. Hopefully we find out soon because until we do, she cant look for a place to live. So that slows things down a bit.

Lately i have been staying up every night until 230am to watch CNN. Its all in English and i can find out what's going on. Like right now its mostly about Hurricane Katrina. The major thing right now is the scandal with FEMAs chief. He totally spiced up his resume with a bunch of fake info and has been relieved of duty. Also, the public just found out that the only reason he got the job was because the former FEMA chief was his college roomy, that's it!!! It really makes you wonder about our government. We didn't leave a day to soon.

I miss my computer and wireless internet. I really miss downloading things like programs and getting songs from ITUNES. I am missing so many things. I cant wait til i can use my computer again. Yes, i could bring it and hook it up at the internet café, BUT at the moment, mom has my laptop. so i wont be doing that anytime soon.

My cats have been helping to keep me company while mom as been gone. Here is a list of things they have been doing.

Silver: (no picture sorry)


  • running around chasing invisible bugs
  • standing up against the walls while turning her head around and upside-down in circles
  • Hopping up on my bed, walking back and forth, then falling down to be pet

Kittie
  • Running around like a mad woman
  • Keeping my legs warm by stretching the length of my legs
  • Running downstairs and waiting for me to get food, every time i go downstairs
Bammy( no pic sorry)
  • Letting me know when Kittie is around
  • Making sure i pet her every second of the day
  • Catching the toy mouse and letting me know

Gizzy
  • always weaving a figure 8 around my feet whenever i am standing. I.e.: cooking food, walking around the apt.
  • Attacking my bed
  • Attacking the mouse of the string.
  • Keeping my stomach and chest warm
The cats are having a great time, especially when they get nipped up.
Well that's about all for today. Read the news. Ciào.
In the News
President's Approval Rating Dips Below 40
FEMA Chief Faces Questions Over Resume
Babies show signs of crying in the womb
Sinkhole Disrupts 'Happy Hour' at Eatery
Thai PM Uses 'X' Sign to Censor Himself
Two Men Allegedly Break Into McDonald's
Forensic TV shows help criminals escape police?

No comments: