Sunday, May 24, 2020

Well, we are getting there

07/13/2005, 20:10 PM

Well, today mom was feeling better. She was well enough to walk around by part of the Umbrian jazz fest at the Piazza Novembre. I recorded some music onto my phone, but the inferred function on it isn't working or I would see if I could transfer it on here for you to listen to. Maybe I can figure it out on my computer at home and then put it on disk. The atmosphere was great. Nice breeze and great jazz. That along with some great gelato made it perfect.

Of course I am still working on writing out postcards. I am doing a few a day so that they all don't say the same thing. Moz and Hatch, you should email me your addy and I will send one to the 2 of you.

One nice thing about exploring more and more of Perugia everyday is that I get to see the images on the postcards. Like when we were walking back from the piazza we past a drinking fountain which is on the postcard for my friend Kelly. I thought that the fountain was on the outer most part of the city, but it was so close. We keep discovering things like that. Places we thought would be far away tend to be really close to where we live. Its a nice surprise.

So, for those harry potter fans out there, only a few days til the release of the 6th book. It comes out Saturday the 16th at 12:01am. Of course this time I will not be waiting in line to get it. This time, I will wait until that day and will either get it if we go into Rome, or go to this local book store in the piazza that will have it in English. Yeah! I cant wait. My mother said, "Why don't you get it in Italian so you can learn the language."....Are you serious mom? It would take me years to read the book, and I would like to read it asap, not one page a month. I still don't think, even after she has read the other 5, that she gets how I am about harry potter books. Hey, I even bought the British version of the 1st one called Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I know, I know, but I cant help it.

Well i think that is it for now, remember to check out the in the news section. Reading some of these stories remind me why I left America.... CiĆ o.

In The News

Mystery 'sex change' has curious flocking to Myanmar monk-to-be
Wal-Mart Tweaks Willie's Reggae
Man Tries to Rob Same Calif. Bank 5 Times
Man Tunnels Out of Trailer to Elude Cops
Ill. Woman Receives $74,000 Water Bill
Hurricane Dennis Flips Sunken Ship Upright
Drive-through robber gets bank loot My comment on this story is, why did the teller give the money, were they actually in danger? I think this employee should be given a Darwin award.
US group calls for health warnings on soft drinks Finally, what took them so long.
Italy police detain 174 people in anti-terror sweep Local Italian news
Cool Photo 1
Photo 2
Photo 3

No comments: